Wednesday, July 28, 2010

What is the problem if I have to put oil in my car after traveling about 300 km?

The dip stick shows I have about 1\2 when I check it and there doesn't seem to be any leaks that I can see or oil on my driveway. Its an 92 Acclaim and I'm hoping it isn't anything costly for repairs.What is the problem if I have to put oil in my car after traveling about 300 km?
It maybe burning it.


Do you notice any blue smoke coming from the exhaust? This would indicate the piston rings or valve guides are worn. Both of which are costly.


Your best bet is to bring it to a garage that will diagnose your problem ( usually they do this for $75 or so) and either they fix, you fix it, or you buy a different car.


Most garages have a UV Dye system that they pour into the motor to check where the leak is coming from. But if you don't see a leak, more in likely it is an internal problem.What is the problem if I have to put oil in my car after traveling about 300 km?
regular oil change........ any one?
two posibilities come too mind here! One is that you have an oil leak somewhere not noticable! Or 2.) You just have been burning way too much oil in your engine system! Might not hurt too have a mechanic check it out if you plan on keeping the auto! Hope I helped ya!:)
Probably burning oil - go check out at garage
Well sounds like you have a huge oil leak.If you were burning it ,It would take much longer before you needed to add more.How ever if you see white smoke coming from your tail pipe..then it is burning and head gaskets can be pricey.If your lucky then a whole in the oil pan is all you have.


Good luck


Gil
if you dont see any leaks, its your piston rings, they're not sealing all the way causing your oil to get burnt with your gas. how many miles are on the motor?
your burning or leaking oil do an engine clean then it will be easyer to find a leak

No comments:

Post a Comment