Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Are the focus any good ? what year is ur focus ?ur mileage ?and what problems are u having ?oil changed 3000?

ok i want to buy a small new economy car cause i would be driving a lots but i want a bigger engine but want to save gas so i'am choosing the focus it's have the largest engine comapring to others and i might be also towing a 800-900 lb trailer for like 5 miles during the summer , i know it's more stress to tow with it but it's rated at 1500 lb ..Are the focus any good ? what year is ur focus ?ur mileage ?and what problems are u having ?oil changed 3000?
I bought the ZTS focus new in 2000 as I looked in Consumer reports that gave it high marks. I have approx. 150,000.+ miles on it now as it is my Commuting car. I'm getting approx. 28.4-30.6 mpg without using A/C ( lower if used) I never considered towing with it so I'll have to take your word for what it's rated. I recently had the tensioner pully seize up %26amp; destroy the accessory belt. Other than that I'm up with the Maintance, tires checked,rotated oil change 4,000.mi belts/hoses changed timing belt/ pump changed @ 60,000. new air/fuel filters, Platinum plugs %26amp; new wire set @100,000, shocks/struts and springs replaced Potholes are murder, I use Marvel Mystery oil regularly in both gas %26amp; oil. I plan to keep the car one more year before looking for a new vehicle.

No comments:

Post a Comment