Wednesday, July 28, 2010

My car is leaking oil, what could be the problem? How much will it cost me too?

The area where it leaks is coming from the top I think. It leaks over the hot metal just under where you pour the oil in. When it leaks and the car runs it starts to smoke. My car is not overheating but the oil is burning on the metal. How much do you think it will cost to fix? Also what gasket could it be? No oil leaks on the floor. My car is a 1991 Honda Accord too.My car is leaking oil, what could be the problem? How much will it cost me too?
I'm guessing it is the valve cover gasket. The valve cover is the piece that your oil cap screws into and it covers the top of your engine. Go to www.autozone.com and look up a gasket and see if the shape matches where your leak is. If you take it to a shop to be repaired expect to pay twice the cost of the gasket plus $50-70 an hour for labor. Probably 1 hour labor.My car is leaking oil, what could be the problem? How much will it cost me too?
You may want to try tightening the screws that hold it down. Be careful, they are sometimes small and easily stripped / broken.
Owe my God an oil leak?





You better scrap that car ASAP because it is going to catch fire and kill you.


Anyone that is to dumb to find an oil leak is to dumb to drive. By a bicycle and start walking


an oil leak cost a phone call to the scrap yard to repair you call they come and you buy a new car
From what you describe it sounds like the valve cover gasket, if you are a little mechanically inclined you can do this yourself.
valve cover gasket

No comments:

Post a Comment