Wednesday, July 28, 2010

How many people who have actually tried Castor oil had serious problems because of it?

*Not to be rude but if you haven't tried this method I'm not really interested in your opinions of it.*





I used it with my first and she came out without any problem, she came out fast and ferious....but she didn't have a bowel movement in uterus, nothing.





And besides maybe bad cramping and diaherra can anyone tell me if they actually had MAJOR complications because of it.....again first hand experince please.





I'm just debating trying it again with my second. Since there are conflicting reports that it does cause BM or it doesn't I want to hear from live experinces.How many people who have actually tried Castor oil had serious problems because of it?
I used castor oil for my son who is now 11 weeks old. I did a lot of reading about everything on babycenter.com and watched every baby show on TV. I was due on Dec 22rd/07...yes, right before Christmas. When the 22nd came and nothing seemed to be happening I took matters into my own hands. I'm not sure if the castor oil worked or if I was just ready but I know that I took it at 8:20pm on the 22nd. At 11pm I started contractions and went to the hospital at 12:30am finding that I was alread 4cm dilated. My son was born at 6:30am.





From all the reading I did and all the shows I watched I never heard any thing about the baby having a BM in the womb. I know it happens but never heard or read it associated with castor oil. Midwives recommend it it for a reason. All it does it make you poo. When the bowels are stimulated it also stimulates your uterus and makes you contract.





If you do take it though remember to drink lots of water so as not to dehydrate yourself. I think the best part about me taking it was the next day when I myself had to take a BM after my son was born. hehe :)





BTW..my son was born 8lbs and very healthy.How many people who have actually tried Castor oil had serious problems because of it?
why would you do anything that was contraindicated? why would you EVER put your baby at risk and go on yahoo answers to gain support so you can justify your selfish actions? good luck to your baby in the NICU.
Any major complications cannot be linked indefinately to castor oil. You cannot pinpoint why a complication occured...only speculate.





I used it and it made me poop really oily poop all night and I still didn't go into labor for another 10 days. I had some complications, but nothing that I believe is because of this.
all i know is my midwife suggested it .. i tried it.. and spent the whole night miserable!!! just let things progress naturally.. if you can
i took it with both of my babies and all i got was a good clean out
Of course I've never had a baby, but if it worked for you so well the first time, why not do it again? No, I am not being a smart a--, I think it sounds wonderful and feel curious now.......why not.

No comments:

Post a Comment