Friday, July 30, 2010

2001 chevy venture oil problem?

Up until last night, almost every week we had to check and add a quart of oil (if necessary) to the van to where I had finally changed out the oil. Emptied it out and it was black (normal conditions). Replaced the oil, decided to check the other fluids and behold, I found heavy sludge in the radiator and the resevoir (it was all milky like). I need opinions cause I know in the back of my mind that the head gasket is done but people here are saying otherwise. Any suggestions? Although I dont drive it that much I have to arrange the repairs.2001 chevy venture oil problem?
It is the gasket or cracked head.2001 chevy venture oil problem?
The engine is junk, you have been running the the engine on sludge ( oil %26amp; water mix) for a long time. figure 3K parts and labor plass your grief.





Is the car worth the repair is what you have to ask your self. Consider a refurb engine installed a reputable shop.





Good Luck Report Abuse

1 Change your oil more often. Black is not normal unless vary dirty. Brown is normal.


2 Have a Block Check done to see if there is a head gasket problem.


3 This van may have an engine oil cooler in the radiator and thet is where the oil is coming from. Proper maintenance is the key to good service from your van.
my advice is to dump the car on some uninformed little old lady for a preium price.

No comments:

Post a Comment