Friday, July 30, 2010

I think I have an oil leak on my 206. Also I have other problems?

I bought my 1.1, W REG, 206 a few months ago from a nice young girl a few years older than me. She wanted to sell her car to go travelling, so everything seemed normal and legit to me. The car has had 2 services since it had been made. The MOT had been carried out in the same month that I bought it (March). The car at first was fine to drive, but I noticed a few problems straight away. In the morning when the engine was cold I would start the car and without touching the gas the car would seem like it was struggling to start and then would stop. In order to get the car started and sounding normal I would need to put the gas down. This isn't normal is it??


Also another problem is the car seems to pull when im driving, expecially in 2nd and third gear, what could this be? Also whenever I park the car and move it there is a small puddle of oil, and whenever I wash the car there is alot of oil in the water. Please help, I don't have much knowledge of cars being an eighteen year old femaleI think I have an oil leak on my 206. Also I have other problems?
Bad starting when cold could be a faulty cold start injector or dirty main injectors or blocked fuel filter or faulty thermistor.


All jobs a qualified tech should carry out.





Pulling when driving could be radial pull caused by the tyres, try rotating the front tyres left to right and see if the car streightens up or pulls the other way, it could also be the wheel alignment, or a broken engine mount causing the engine to move at an angle when accelerating pulling the suspention to one side causing the car to pull.





You nead some one experienced to degrease your engine, then you run the car for a couple of days, then check to see where the oil is coming from, some jobs are easy for you to fix at a cheap price others are harder and more expencive and require the attention of a qualified tech to repair.I think I have an oil leak on my 206. Also I have other problems?
Sounds like an old car, I don't think the lady tried to rip you off. You have to realize, when you buy a used car, it is not new and has been used and there will always be something wrong. Luckily, your problems seem minor. The oil leak should be found and corrected, It should not be too hard, but seeing as you are leaking it, be sure to keep up on your oil level.





If you take it to a shop and tell them you have a leak and you would like them to find it, what they will likely do is steem clean the engine and engine compartment and then run it for a while, then let it set for a few hours, or maybe overnight. Having a clean engine prior to this will allow them to easily loacte where the leak is comming from.





A simple alingment check and setting will probably fix the pulling, if you mean pulling to one side like the right or left.





If you havn't yet, have a good tune up done. Spark plugs, plug wires, dist. and cap, oil change, air and fuel filter change. And use a bottle of fuel system and injector cleaner. These alone may help fix your rough start in the morning. I hope this helps, good luck.
Firstly, take your car for a half service, they will replace oil, spark plugs and oil filter and use their own oil. This is not expensive and could solve all your problems in one go. Secondly, when you go for petrol buy a bottle of RedX, it will clean out system and that should fix it if 1st suggestion is no help.


Total cost, 40quid half service


7 quid RedX...

No comments:

Post a Comment