Saturday, August 21, 2010

99 Ford Explorer oil pressure gage pin randomly drops all the way. Is this a sensor or bigger problem?

Also does anyone know about how much it costs to get fixed?99 Ford Explorer oil pressure gage pin randomly drops all the way. Is this a sensor or bigger problem?
Replace the Oil Pressure Sending Unit. This was a very common problem on the Explorer. We used to replace them daily.





Part costs around $15.00 and about .8 labor to replace it.99 Ford Explorer oil pressure gage pin randomly drops all the way. Is this a sensor or bigger problem?
My 2000 Ford Ranger is doing the same thing. Sometimes I will start it up and the gauge will be in the red zone stating there is zero oil pressure, but the engine is running fine. When I turn the engine off and then back on the gauge returns to normal pressure readings. I don't know what is wrong with it, but I too have posted a question in response to my gauge problem, but there are not yet any answers.
Could be a bad sender, could be low oil pressure.





Ford uses a dummy gauge that reads low at 7 PSI.





What does that mean? Your engine is toast when the gauges comes down from that reading in the middle where it is at.





Want proof? Google ford dummy oil gauge.
Defective oil sender to guage, defective oil pressure guage, defective oil pump, I have no clue here as to which one it could be. I cant diagnosis it.

No comments:

Post a Comment