Saturday, August 21, 2010

Problem with oil level in car?

So twice this week my car has seized up and stopped. Once at a red light and once while I was driving. Basically what happens is I noticed that I can't move my steering wheel and my car slows down until it stops. I noticed that my oil level went from 40 to 0 within a second. My oil level is fine though. I've heard from other people that my oil level would not affect this happening to my car so I'm wondering what is causing this problem.Problem with oil level in car?
oil pump ??Problem with oil level in car?
If your engine seized up chances are it would never start again.It would be locked. So I think its that the engine is stalling on you.Possible causes for this could be fuel starvation from a failing fuel pump, Ignition system problems.Your oil pressure probably droped because the engine stoped turning.Your steering got stiff because the engine stoped turning, these systems use pumps to supply pressure,the engine turns the pumps to do this.


In some cases if the engine has developed a leak in the head gasket and coolant has entered the cylinder it could cause an engine to hydro-lock and be able to restart at a later time.If this was the case you would be seeing big plumes of white smoke from the tail pipe.
oil pump? mabey electricle problem
Maureen


You really need to take this car in to have it diagnosed. It probably


is a n electrical fault causing the stalling. Get it checked out soon.


IATN.Net shopfinder for a quaified professional near you.
if your oil level is ok then it must be the oil pump went out.
  • facial
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment