Monday, August 23, 2010

When I check the engin oil.I smell very strong gas smell mixup with the oil.What the problem?

Sounds like you have gas in the oil :)





Usually that's from bad rings. The fuel will be able to get past rings and into the oil. Try using some chemicals like Sea Foam or similar at the auto parts store to clean the rings. It may help if they're just gummed up and sticking, but if they're clean and shot out then you need new rings...


Oh, also try some ';honey oil';, it's super thick oil they sell for problem cars and it helps seal the rings. There is also some stuff called ';Restore'; it helps seal too. I'd run the cleaner, then the Restore, then after 20 miles or so add the honey oil. Good luck!When I check the engin oil.I smell very strong gas smell mixup with the oil.What the problem?
gas shouldn't be mixing with engine oil, water yes (bad head gasket or head) but not gasoline. I would suggest changing the oil and checking the viscosity to see if there is any thinning due to dilution. Some car information and history would be nice also.

No comments:

Post a Comment