Monday, August 23, 2010

I have a 1992 Toyota Hilux Surf 4x4 and the oil pressure doent regulate whats the problem?

I have a 1992 Toyota Hilux Surf 4x4 (which is the Japanese version of the US Toyota 4-Runner 4x4) it has only 45,000 miles on it and the oil pressure doesent regulate it changes with amount of acceleration whats the problem if there is one? I dont know much about Japanese vehicles but I know American made vehicles are not supposed to do that any suggestions???I have a 1992 Toyota Hilux Surf 4x4 and the oil pressure doent regulate whats the problem?
if its holding at least 15-20 pounds at idle that is normal,,when you said it didn't regulate,,I'm assuming your meaning it is going up or down at a regular pace,,on some car,s at idle,,the oil pressure will drop drastically bad,,and the the minute you break off idle,it goes back up to normal,,i do this for a living,,and have seen a lot of Toyota,s that do this,,some say it,s normal,,even a dealer told me a it was normal,,but after pulling the oil pan off and looking at the oil pump i found that it wan,t working like it should be,,i contacted the dealer and they said if they found it to be bad that it was covered by warranty,,but that wasn,t helping me at the time,so what we did was put a new pump ,on it,,also gave the new pump,,a little boost,,this can be done by slightly stretching the new regulator spring a little,,this helped me gain more pressure at idle and a good 45 pounds at normal driving,,hope this help,s,,,PS don't let the dealer fill you full of bull,,if they think you don't know anything about it,,they will charge you for it,,hope this help,s.I have a 1992 Toyota Hilux Surf 4x4 and the oil pressure doent regulate whats the problem?
Try to inspect under the hood! The V-belt might need some tightening!

No comments:

Post a Comment