Saturday, August 21, 2010

Mercury 135 Saltwater Optimax Oil Problem?

I have a 2003 Optimax 135 that has less than 50 hours on it but the warranty lifted just a month ago. It has not been run in a few months but I always store it the right way.





Last time we went out when i left the dock after launching, I heard alarms start going off. The Guardian System was flashing telling me that I had 98% of reserve oil left. I feared the worse and jumped in the back to make sure oil was not leaking out of the holding tank. Thankfully it wasnt and I continued to see what might happen........





We went threw the day not running it much but ended up loading the boat with 67% reserve left. My holding tank was still full. I bleed any air out once i returned home and even went threw the priming process to see if it just lost prime. I have checked for kinked hoses, cracks, leaks, and even took off the battery to reset anything. Im down to 11% left now and its still not eating from the holding tank according to the alarms.





Any help would be great. Thanks in advanceMercury 135 Saltwater Optimax Oil Problem?
the holding tank sensor is badMercury 135 Saltwater Optimax Oil Problem?
very expensive engine to be fooling around with. take it to a pro. could be a faulty sender or a bad ECM. many variables.

No comments:

Post a Comment