Saturday, August 21, 2010

Unleaded fuel poured into the oil sump of my 4 stroke mower. Is this a serious problem?

Hi


I accidentally poured unleaded fuel into the oil chamber of my 4 stroke lawnmower this afternoon.





I quickly tipped the mower over and emptied as much of the mixed oil and unleaded fuel as possible, and then refilled again with new oil.





Am I likely to have done any damage? What in particular do I need to do before using the mower again?





Thanks


RobUnleaded fuel poured into the oil sump of my 4 stroke mower. Is this a serious problem?
Drain it through the oil plug. Tipping it over will not remove all the oil. I have poured gas through my crankcase a few times but only to help get more of the oil out. Take the plug out in the lowest place possible.Unleaded fuel poured into the oil sump of my 4 stroke mower. Is this a serious problem?
Just do an oil change. Put the recomended amount of oil back in.
flush it out
As long as you didn't run it....... no worries.... I'd just do a much early oil change (maybe after 5 or so hours) just to be sure.
If you got most of it out before you run it again your fine. If you didn't and ran it and it didn't blow up all you did was to clean everything up a little. The gas will have evaporated within the first few minuets of it running.

No comments:

Post a Comment