Saturday, August 21, 2010

Central heatting problem, I ran out of oil and when I filled up I needed to bleed the system to get it started

me problem is that sience then my rad's are heating up but I have no hot water although I get hot water when I put on the immersion, I have looked at the gauge beside the boiller and the needil for the bar pressure is at zero, but as I dont know anything about a heating system Iam lost. There is a valve beside the bleed nut and there is a switch in the boiler out side what are these for My system is a (riello burners model g5x type 441t2, firebird heat-pac '98) Please can anyone help me.Central heatting problem, I ran out of oil and when I filled up I needed to bleed the system to get it started
Sounds like you have a system boiler You need to pressure the system ( fill it up with water ) near to the boiler you should have a filling loop. A tap with a short flexible filling loop this may be connected or will require attaching to the non return valve. Once connected turn on the small valve /tap and you should see the gauge increase at 1 bar close the valve.


Next at you hot water cylinder on the side that has two connections about 12'; (30 cm ) apart on the upper pipe you may find an air vent, bleed air off and hopefully the cylinder will start to warm up.


Don't forget to top system up again to 1 bar.


If this dosn't work you may have to get on site advice.Central heatting problem, I ran out of oil and when I filled up I needed to bleed the system to get it started
The hot water boiler might have shut off as a precaution. Is there a little red button on it? You might need to push it to reset it, and then it should start up just fine.
when you filled it up you have allowed air to get into the system, bleed your radiators and it will be fine.
on your hot water heater you might need to push your reset button,and it should work just fine
You don't say whether your system is a combi boiler or conventional. The Firebird is available as either. If it is a combi system, the little gauge to which you are referring could be the system pressure gauge. This needs to read about 1.5 bar. If it doesn't, you will have to top the system up from the filling loop which should be fitted for this purpose. When you say you bled the system, do you mean the oil line, which is to be expected, or the actual system itself, because running out of oil should not have affected the wet side of the system in any way?

No comments:

Post a Comment