Saturday, August 21, 2010

Too much oil in my Fiat Punto 1999. Has this caused problems?

I got my MOT done about a month ago, and had it serviced at the same time. Since then my car has been making strange noises. When I brake it makes a horrible noise on the left front wheel sounds like thunder, a while back it made a clanking banging noise at the back, i took it to kwik fit and they said it could be the shock absorbers they are leaking and another said it could be the exhaust its in the wrong position, this noise has stopped now, instead its rattling near towards the front. I checked my oil levels and noticed its well over the max mark, could this be why its making these noises and effecting the brakes? (KWIK FIT DID NOT CHECK MY OIL LEVELS)


Thanks to anybody who can help me.Too much oil in my Fiat Punto 1999. Has this caused problems?
Your question is too vague for a definitive answer.





But if there is significant noise heard from one wheel when braking , the first thing to suspect is worn out brake pads.





Get it looked into , and by a garage that aren't a 10 minute lube jocky.-- they don't know didly about anything.Too much oil in my Fiat Punto 1999. Has this caused problems?
Get it to a real mechanic ASAP.

No comments:

Post a Comment