Wednesday, August 18, 2010

My 2001 honda accord coupe with manual transmission burns engine oil.Does anyone know what is the problem?

and how serious is this problem? When its time for oil change there is very little oil left.My 2001 honda accord coupe with manual transmission burns engine oil.Does anyone know what is the problem?
I had this exact same problem with my honda accord. I told a family friend and he gave me some transmission cleaner or something and said to put it in my gas tank next time i filled up my car. Now i dont burn nearly as much oil. try going to a gas station an looking at what kinda stuff they got to put in your gas next time u fill upMy 2001 honda accord coupe with manual transmission burns engine oil.Does anyone know what is the problem?
uh if there's no oil, the car won't run.. plain and simple.. get it into the shop like right now.. or your car will die.


basically, engine oil is nesissary to lubricate all the moving parts and gears in your engine, with out it the parts would wear out Very quickly and it would be horrible, imagine what it's like to rub together 2 pieces of metal meshing together, that's what it would be like in your engine. Also Oil is needed for pressure to make combustion happen, and in my engine, the VTEC won't engage without the right oil pressure.


OK. Seriously.. if you don't want to get an oil change atleast add like 2 or 3 quarts of Valvoline and it'll stop burning oil.


good luck.
well you can first check the exhaust whats the color of it ???


if its white or black your piston rings have been wear


check the dip stick if the oil measure is low then check it if it is dirty black or brown smell it if there is a bad smell then change it touch it if it smooth or rough that's how you can check your oil


good luck you need it
duh...you need to check the oil before its due for change..the lower the oil goes the faster it burns....oil also keeps the engine cool...without fluids car burns up...oil goes several ways....1,,drips/leaks out...2 burns up....bad valve guides and piston rings...
probably got some bad piston rings. oil is slipping by the rings into the combustion chamber. does your tailpipe smoke a bunch? if so, this is my guess. spendy.
My crystal ball tells me, here a Honda not long for this world.
  • facial
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment