Saturday, August 21, 2010

I'm having problems with my 99 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Smoking, Oil?

My Jeep 99 Grand cherokee is currently having some problems driving around. Recently I had been using Super gas in the Jeep for about 2 weeks then downgraded to plus. Also, out of no where, the Jeep just started smoking really bad, and causing white smoke to appear, also oil gauge is at 80. sometimes overheating causing the car to jump and not able to run properly. Then I noticed the oil was low and put two things of oil in it and it no longer smokes. Now the car just jumps and sometimes even conk out and just turn off. When I try to restart the car it's very hard to do so but eventually comes back on. Any Idea? Maybe I didn't warm the car up enough either? It's so weird.I'm having problems with my 99 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Smoking, Oil?
My 99 jeep cherokee had similar symptoms. The problem with mine was that the cooling regulator was broken and water wasn't circulating through the engine properly, causing overheating and white smoke.I'm having problems with my 99 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Smoking, Oil?
Try running a compression test on all cylinders. It sounds like you may have piston or ring problems. The high oil pressure could be caused by compression leaking down into crankcase.
Never mix two gas types. It could be dangerous; most vehicle takes regular.

No comments:

Post a Comment