Wednesday, August 18, 2010

My oil pressure gauge goes a ittle over the average mark whenever I turn on my heat. Whats the problem?

Whenever I start my enigne and let it idle for bout 15 minutes and drive off the guage needle will stay up there around the High level. (It's starting toi get cold here in MI)Whats wrong?My oil pressure gauge goes a ittle over the average mark whenever I turn on my heat. Whats the problem?
Thicker oil when it's cold will make your oil presure higher!My oil pressure gauge goes a ittle over the average mark whenever I turn on my heat. Whats the problem?
Vescosity may be why and voltage at the gauge could cause a higher reading. But If I don't know what we are asking about I cannot answer from experence. Year make model engine size and miles also would be very helpful.
how long has this been going on?when did it start..what kinda car is it,when did you do a oil change what typ of oil do you have in your car.all the thing matter to help you out ,maybe and it could well be the oil filter is clogged,just change the oil filter and add some oil to what you loose whe you change it,if you can get a napa oil filter,stay away from fram ,ok if it is cloged the oil cant get out so the presser will build up ,do the change and if you can will you let me no if it helps or dont i realy want to no ok will you ,,thank you
oil is thicker when it's cold I live in michigan too. when the engine warms up it should go the normal level. otherwise the sensor may be sending false info or the guage is bad or sticking. it could take longer than 15 mins. for the oil to heat up

No comments:

Post a Comment